WESTERN LOUDOUN GIRLS SOFTBALL
Thank you for your interest in Western Loudoun Girls Softball League. You have reached the registration system for all league offerings, to include the Recreation League as well as the Middle School program. This program is used to register girls for the upcoming Spring 2022 recreation league season as well as for the 2022 Middle School Program. Please note that there is no financial commitment for Middle School tryouts, however the league prefers potential Middle School players register for try outs using this system.
Middle School Registration Information
ELIGIBILITY In order to be eligible to play for a Middle School team, you must either attend the Middle School or be in the district for that respective Middle School (if home or privately schooled).
Tryouts will be held in Late February or early March. There is no fee to try out, but if your daughter is selected, there will be a $150 fee.
If your daughter does not play on a travel team, she will also be required to register and play in the WLGSL House League.
If you are interested in coaching, please fill out the All-Star Tournament Coaches Application in the WLGSL Documents section of our website and send it to email@example.com.
Please refer to the Middle School Program tab on the WLGSL home page if you have any additional questions.
Recreation League Registration Information/Instructions
ELIGIBILITY In order to be eligible to play, a girl must reside within Loudoun County, primarily near one of the following towns in western Loudoun County - Purcellville, Round Hill, Lovettsville or Hamilton; she also must be between the ages of 4 and 17 on January 1, 2022. WLGSL occasionally accepts a limited number of players from outside of Loudoun County. To request an exception, contact the league president at
DIVISIONS/LEAGUES - Leagues are setup by age group and are comprised of one or more teams from each of the four towns listed above. A player's league age is determined by her age on January 1, 2022.
Western Loudoun Girls Softball is divided into six divisions based on the player's age:
- 6 and under (6U) - T-Ball league
- 8 and under (8U) - Machine-pitch league
- 10 and under (10U) - Players pitch
- 12 and under (12U) - Players pitch
- 18 and under (Senior Division) - Players pitch
NOTE: Girls will be assigned to the appropriate division based on their league age.
FEES - Fees are as follows for the first player in each household and based on the date the player registration is completed (paid.) Loudoun County's field usage fee is included in the registration fee.
-- EarlyBird Special: December 1st, 2021 thru January 15th, 2022: $10 Discount
-- Each additional child: Additional $30 discount
-- A $20 processing fee will be charged for each dropped registration prior to March 1st, 2022
--ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR DROPPED REGISTRATIONS OCCURRING AFTER March 1st, 2022
--Any registration after March 1st, will be put on a wait list, Cost: $155 per player ($135 for 6U), each additional child $125 ($105 for 6U).
Team placement for 6U through 8U is done on a first come, first served basis; the league will form as many teams as practical based on registration numbers as of March 1, 2022. A girl's registration is complete on the date online payment is received. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Team placement for 10U: is based on player assessments, league will review and choose teams as equal as possible, player's residence may be considered but is not guaranteed based on team location. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Team placement for 12U and Up: Teams are formed based on player assessments and a draft conducted prior to the season. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Please contact the appropriate Age Level Commissioner for all registration questions.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS - Western Loudoun Girls Softball relies on many volunteers in order to ensure that each season is a success. During the registration process, you can sign up for any of the following positions:
- League Commissioner - Each league requires one person to handle general oversight duties for the league. The position comes with a voting seat on the League Board of Directors.
- Head Coach - Each team needs one person to oversee practices, games, etc... All coaches must be registered with ASA
- Assistant Coach - Teams can have one or more assistant coaches who can support the head coach in all on-field activities. As with Head Coaches, all coaches must be registered with ASA.
- Team Manager - An optional off-field position that would be responsible for coordinating paperwork, ordering team uniforms, handling team contact lists, etc. This role is an administrative one; any person holding this position for a team would be the team's "front office".
- Team Parent - The team parent role would be for someone who wants to take on some, but not all, of the off-field activities; typical functions of this role would include setting up the post-game snack schedule for the team, coordinating fundraising activities, and planning any post-season team party.
- Other - If you want to help out somehow but aren't sure if any of the above titles fit you, just check this box, and we'll find something for you to do. Whether it be keeping score during games, or helping maintain fields or equipment, coming up with new ideas for fundraising, helping find team sponsors, or anything else you might think of, we'll welcome your help.
--NOTE: For age divisions 10U-18U the WLGSL will not be providing shorts. With so many girls wearing softball pants and sizing being so difficult, the league has decided to let the girls purchase their own pants.