WESTERN LOUDOUN GIRLS SOFTBALL
Thank you for your interest in Western Loudoun Girls Softball League. You have reached the registration system for all league offerings, to include the Recreation League as well as the Loudoun Liberty Travel program. This program is used to register girls for the upcoming Fall 2020 recreation league season as well as for 2020-2021 Loudoun Liberty Travel team try-outs (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U age brackets). Please note that there is no financial commitment for travel try outs, however, the league prefers potential travel players register for try outs using this system.
Loudoun Liberty Travel Team Try-Outs Information
Eligibility - Loudoun Liberty Travel try-outs are open to all players meeting the age requirements for each respective bracket for which the player is interested in playing. A player’s “playing age” will be determined by the players age on January 1, 2021. Specifically, the age criteria for each bracket is as follows:
10U- Player must be born on or after 1/1/2010
12U- Player must be born on or after 1/1/2008
14U- Player must be born on or after 1/1/2006
16U- Player must be born on or after 1/1/2004
18U- Player must be born on or after 1/1/2002
The travel program is on a try out and selection process. Registration for try outs does not guarantee a player a spot on the roster. Team fees will be calculated on an individual team basis and can/will vary from team-to-team. If a player is selected for a team, the player/family will be asked to submit a player commitment form along with a $250 non-refundable fee at the time of commitment.
Recreation League Registration Information/Instructions
ELIGIBILITY In order to be eligible to play, a girl must reside within Loudoun County, primarily near one of the following towns in western Loudoun County - Purcellville, Round Hill, Lovettsville or Hamilton; she also must be between the ages of 5 and 17 on January 1, 2021. WLGSL occasionally accepts a limited number of players from outside of Loudoun County. To request an exception, contact the league president at
DIVISIONS/LEAGUES - Leagues are setup by age group and are comprised of one or more teams from each of the four towns listed above. A player's league age is determined by her age on January 1, 2021.
Western Loudoun Girls Softball is divided into six divisions based on the player's age:
- 6 and under (6U) - T-Ball league
- 8 and under (8U) - Machine-pitch league
- 10 and under (10U) - Players pitch
- 12 and under (12U) - Players pitch
- 18 and under (Senior Division) - Players pitch
NOTE: Girls will be assigned to the appropriate division based on their league age.
FEES - Fees are as follows for the first player in each household and based on the date the player registration is completed (paid.) Loudoun County's field usage fee is included in the registration fee.
-- EarlyBird Special: June 15th, 2020 thru July 1st, 2020: $135
-- July 2nd thru July 31st, 2020: $145
-- Each additional child: $115 --- ($105 during EarlyBird)
-- A $20 processing fee will be charged for each dropped registration prior to July 31st, 2020
--ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR DROPPED REGISTRATIONS OCCURRING AFTER July 31st, 2020
--Any registration after July 31st, will be put on a wait list, Cost: $155 per player, each additional child $125.
**NOTE** - In the event the season cannot be played for COVID-19 related reasons, a full refund will be issued (minus a $5 processing fee).
Team placement for 6U through 8U is done on a first come, first served basis; the league will form as many teams as practical based on registration numbers as of August 1, 2020. A girl's registration is complete on the date online payment is received. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Team placement for 10U: is based on player assessments, league will review and choose teams as equal as possible, player's residence may be considered but is not guaranteed based on team location. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Team placement for 12U and Up: Teams are formed based on player assessments and a draft conducted prior to the season. Requests for a particular team cannot be honored.
Please contact the appropriate Age Level Commissioner for all registration questions.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS - Western Loudoun Girls Softball relies on many volunteers in order to ensure that each season is a success. During the registration process, you can sign up for any of the following positions:
- League Commissioner - Each league requires one person to handle general oversight duties for the league. The position comes with a voting seat on the League Board of Directors.
- Head Coach - Each team needs one person to be in charge of practices, games, etc... All coaches must be registered with ASA
- Assistant Coach - Teams can have one or more assistant coaches who can support the head coach in all on-field activities. As with Head Coaches, all coaches must be registered with ASA.
- Team Manager - An optional off-field position that would be responsible for coordinating paperwork, ordering team uniforms, handling team contact lists, etc. This role is an administrative one; any person holding this position for a team would be the team's "front office".
- Team Parent - The team parent role would be for someone who wants to take on some, but not all, of the off-field activities; typical functions of this role would include setting up the post-game snack schedule for the team, coordinating fundraising activities, and planning any post-season team party.
- Other - If you want to help out somehow, but aren't sure if any of the above titles fit you, just check this box, and we'll find something for you to do. Whether it be keeping score during games, or helping maintain fields or equipment, coming up with new ideas for fundraising, helping find team sponsors, or anything else you might think of, we'll welcome your help.
--NOTE: For age divisions 10U-18U the WLGSL will not be providing shorts. With so many girls wearing softball pants and sizing being so difficult, the league has decided to let the girls purchase their own pants.